27 Weeks - Belly Progression...so far

I made the very grave mistake of taking at nap from 7:00-8:00 tonight.  I was watching TV on the couch, and somehow my head ended up on the pillow.  The next thing I knew, I woke up because my hand fell asleep and was tingly.  (We can pretend there was no drool.)  So now it's nearly midnight, and I'm WIDE awake and don't really want to do anything too noisy, as Dave fell asleep on the couch.

I'm now (officially) in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy.  At least, according to Just Mommies day-by-day pregnancy calendar (to see what I'm talking about click here).  I am thoroughly enjoying the relaxing weekend with no obligations or plans.  This kind of freedom will probably a distant memory in a few months, but I am making the most of it now.

Since I posted just a few days ago, there aren't many changes to report today.  The baby is still kicking a lot and has me wanting yogurt and cheese several times a day.  Up to this point, I've managed to keep my weight gain to 20 pounds, but given the food that I crave and want, I worry that I am going to put on that same amount in a single trimester.  The doctors, midwives, websites (that I've read), and various people who have already gone through pregnancy have all said that the most weight gain occurs in the last trimester.  So we'll see how this goes over the next 2-3 months.  (I don't think my nutritionist is going to be too happy with me...)

I've been scrolling through my belly pictures, and watching the progression of my baby belly is really quite fascinating.  Since I've only been posting pictures one (or two) at a time, you can't really see the progression that well, so I decided to post what I have so far.  :)

04/19 -- 9 weeks + 6 days

05/26 -- 15 weeks

06/01 -- 16 weeks

06/08 -- 17 weeks

06/15 -- 18 weeks

06/23 -- 19 weeks

07/04 -- 20 weeks

07/22 -- 23 weeks

07/28 -- 24 weeks

08/06 -- 25 weeks

08/10 -- 26 weeks

08/17 -- 27 weeks
Pretty soon, this outfit is not going to fit me at all.  Hehe...

Comments

Popular Posts