Things I want to Remember

It's Memorial Day Weekend 2019.  We have no outstanding plans besides the usual 'enjoy every day.'  I finally gave the blog the update it desperately needed.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  The kiddos are growing like weeds, and years from now, what things am I going to want to remember?  William is currently 5.5 years old, going on 15, and Oliver is headed for the "terrible two's."

Food
Both boys love my korean beef (bulgogi).  I finally figured out how I like to make it--without any added refined sugars, making it Whole30 compliant (woohoo!)--and it gets gobbled up very quickly.  I will eventually share that recipe on Mellanie's Kitchen (my new food blog), just not sure when that'll be.  They both love watermelon, fresh and frozen blueberries, cherries, apple fries, and homemade sweet potato fries.  William's palate is more basic and he doesn't seem to like complicated flavors or mixing foods.  He prefers to eat gently fried eggs (no crispy edges) with ketchup, red bell peppers, steamed broccoli, steamed brussel sprouts (sometimes), and sliced cucumbers.  He also likes chicken kabobs (from Sassool), pizza, and hot dogs, of course, but I try to limit those items to occasions and not in the usual rotation.  With the exception of homemade pizza and homemade kabobs. *I* love pizza, so I probably make it more often than I should.  Haha!  Oliver's tastes are similar to mine.  He seems to like garlic and almost everything I like.  I have started making a Thai Curry Stew pretty regularly, and he eats it every time I make it...and asks for more!

Play
William is all into a video game called Roblox.  There are so many different aspects to this game that he never seems to get bored with it.  Truthfully, it worries me how much he chooses the computer over going outside to play, but we encourage him to do other things daily.  It's important to us to give W the freedom and opportunity to choose his path, and we often tell him the dangers we know about long-term sitting.  He's--of course--five and doesn't want us to be right because that means he has to do something he doesn't want to do.  His personality is very much 'let me learn the hard way,' so no matter how much we try to impart our wisdom gained through experience, he wants to learn on his own.

Oliver loves going outside.  Still.  When he gets bored inside, he starts throwing toys all over the room and getting rambunctious, so we re-direct him outdoors.  It's worked well so far, but with the heat of the summer arriving this week, he comes in earlier than has previously ... because it's too dang hot.  He likes to push his tricycle and toy lawnmower down the driveway into the street.  He also likes to kick the basketball down the street.

Ooops...He just woke up.  Gonna have to finish this later.

Comments

Popular Posts