No Cry Sleep Solution - Day 3

Last night was tough.  We missed W's 2nd nap, and he freaked out when his night time routine changed slightly by having Unkie Jake and Auntie Jo stop by to visit.  Think total breakdown.  It took me nearly 45 minutes to get him to calm down.

However, that aside, once I got him to sleep, he did sleep a stretch from 10-3.  Well, that's when I looked at the clock, anyway.  Yay for me!  I got some good sleeping then.

During the day today, W took his 2 naps.  Woohoo!  It took a while to convince him to go down for both, but once he did, he slept for at least an hour each time.  The 2nd nap was a little late, and he fought it, but playing with him in bed seemed to help.  I don't know if it was the activity that wore him out or if it just accustomed him to being in the bed, but either way, it worked.  I'll try the tactic again when I need it.

We're approaching time to wind down now, which means bath time.  He isn't really dirty, but the warm water helps him relax.  I took a shower a few minutes ago, and it mellowed me out pretty well.

Hoping nighttime sleep goes well tonight.  Crossing my fingers.

Comments

Popular Posts