7.75 months

William will be 8 months old next week.  I can hardly believe how fast the time is going by, because now that I can see time through his rapid growth, the relativity is so much more concrete than it was before I had a child.

Having said that, however, I believe his rate of growth has slowed a bit.  His development is more centered around mobility and strength.  We've been working on building his fine motor skills by giving him puffs to push around his tray (on the high chair), pick up, and attempt to put in his mouth.  Usually, I give him 4 puffs at a time, and only 1 makes it into his mouth.  I find the other three on the sides of the high chair or on the floor, or stuck to the inside of his tiny fist.

I have to keep reminding myself that his insides probably are not ready for solids yet because his outsides are not ready (meaning, he still has trouble with putting food in his mouth).  His hand-to-mouth coordination is fine when he wants to chew on large objects (straps, spoons, toys, etc.), but the small items are still a challenge.  We'll keep working at it daily, but I suspect it won't take too much longer.

Crawling.  He is getting faster at army-crawling all over the house.  Not only is this boy mobile, but he is also pulling himself up using both hands.  When both his hands are on the coffee table, he raises his upper body enough to pull himself up, but he hasn't figured out how to pull his legs and knees underneath himself yet.  It's not long before he does.  If I sit up in front of the table, he's standing within seconds.  It means that we have to clear off the coffee table clutter completely now.  Where am I going to put all that stuff?!  Sigh.  Let the baby-proofing really commence.

Speaking of baby-proofing, we have actively begun changing up the living room.  We plan to mount the TV on the wall, remove the existing speaker system and replace it with a sound bar and wireless speakers and subwoofer, remove the unused gaming consoles (Wii & Wii-U), and eventually replace the entertainment stand with something that has glass doors or panels, which we can close but still have access to use through the glass.  I'd also like something with drawers where we can store extra controllers, games, movies, cables, remotes, etc. but I have yet to come across a stand that fits this criteria.  I was hoping to keep it in the $200 range, but I might have to up that amount.  Thank goodness for Bitcoin!  I think the exchange just went up again!

I also want to get the electrical outlet covers because they are at perfect baby-crawling height.  He can prop himself up on one arm and reach the outlets.  Ugh.

Getting random items off the floor and keeping the floor swept/vacuumed and mopped is going to be my next goal.  I am terrible about mopping because it (along with dusting) are my two most-hated household chores.  I would also be willing to have someone come in and mop, dust, and clean the bathrooms once a month.

Oh.  Baby just woke up.  Gotta run.

Comments

Popular Posts