No Cry Sleep Solution - Day 2

Day Naps.  So far, so good.  I think I missed his first sleep signs because by the time he rubbed his eyes and nose, he had hit his second wind.  He did NOT want to nap.  It ook him for a short walk outside while in his carrier.  By the time I got home again, it was easier to nurse him and put him down.  The bedroom has a bit more light for day naps (opened the black-out curtains a little), and I'm using the whale sounds on his Sleep Sheep (white noise) to further help differentiate between day- and night-sleeping.

He's stirred 3-4 times already during this one nap, but I'm camped out in the room (close by) to comfort him when he stirs.  It seems to work, cause he's still sleeping, and it's been nearly an hour.

I'm also trying to make sure he gets enough milk during the day.  Dont' want him to wake up tonight really really hungry.

I'm pretty tired, but don't want to go too far where I can't respond to his "brief awakening." I really want him to learn to sleep better when I'm not next to him ALL the time.  It'd be nice to claim some "me" time during the day when he naps...mostly, so my "mommy" switch can turn off for a short time (sort of, anyway).

It's going to take a bit of effort up front to get this to work, but I think in the long run, it'll be for the best for everyone, especially W.

1hr+20min nap.  Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts