New Practice and A New Goal

So I found another practice that accepted my transfer request, but it's in Cary and I still have to have my records sent over from the birthing center.  This practice only delivers at WakeMed Cary, but that is a lot closer than Chapel Hill, though still 20 minutes away.  I chose this one because it's the only one in Wake County that offers midwifery as an option.  They work closely with a physician, so it's kind of the best of both worlds.

On another note, I chatted with a childhood friend tonight, who told me about her birthing experience.  It was scary because she had preeclampsia (and eclampsia) and almost died giving birth to her son.  The thought of that is terrifying to me, so I have a renewed interest in keeping myself healthy throughout this pregnancy.  She said that she could have reduced the risk of preeclampsia by simply staying active with exercise early on in her pregnancy.

So my goal for this week is to walk at least 10,000 steps per day every day this week.  (Click here for more information on 10k Steps.)  I started today since I made it to 10,804 steps and plan to do it again tomorrow.  Walking at both breaks while I'm at work helps a lot!  I was at 7,500+ steps when I left work at 5:00.  That included 2 15-min walks at my break times, going out for lunch (salad), and multiple ice/water trips, and multiple trips to the potty.  Dave & I went for a walk after I got home from work, so I'm ready to do it all again tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts