My Little Nudger

I've been pretty slack about taking belly pictures again, so Week 21's picture will probably get posted next week.  Sorry, folks.

This bebby is moving around like crazy!  I had a prenatal appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat again.  We could hear how much he was moving around in there because the nurse practitioner had to wave the wand around for a bit before she found the bebby's heartbeat.  She said he sounded healthy and normal at 150 bpm.

His movements are starting to fall into a pattern now.  Last night he was nudging me in what felt like rapid fire for a few hours before I went to bed.  Then, he was still until about 9:30 this morning, where he proceeded to nudge me some more until about 1:00-2:00.  Now that it's about 8:45 at night, he's starting to move quite a bit again.  I think he's sleeping, but I can't really be sure.

Last night, when the bebby was really active, Dave put his hand on my belly and was actually able to feel the bebby move!  It was so sweet because the bebby nudged me hard and then I jumped.  With Dave's hand there, I asked him if he felt anything, and he said, "Yes.  I thought I felt something just before you jumped."  Heehee!  That was your baby moving around, honey!  :)

Aside from that, I've been needing sleep a lot more lately.  While at my desk at work, I struggle with staying away, so most days, I just resign myself to closing my eyes for about 5-10 minutes when I need it and just nod off.  I'm a little embarrassed about it, but honestly, there isn't much else I can do.  I can't exactly function well without those periods of rest.  When I'm home, I typically take an hour's nap whenever needed.  So far, no one has said anything to me, and most folks already know that I'm preggers, and it's chalked up to that.

Comments

Popular Posts