24 Weeks

Sorry it's been such a long stretch since my last post.  The last 2-3 weeks have had a lot of ups and down, so I haven't felt like writing much.  Most days vary quite a bit, and the mood swings have been somewhat dramatic.  In my opinion, I think I've gotten quite huge, and adjusting to the sudden changes in my shape, size, and weight has been challenging.  I believe I can tell when the baby hits a growth spurt because I get really tired and want to sleep.  It's also paired with round ligament pain and sore hip bones.  There has also been some mild cramping, and I'm beginning to wonder if they're Braxton Hicks contractions.  Walking sometimes helps, but other times it increases the discomfort.  Squats definitely help with the growing belly, so I am going to start making more of an effort to do them consistently.

Food has been a challenge the last few weeks, mostly because of convenience.  When I get home from work, I typically don't want to cook, so I stop for some kind of fast food.  Ugh.  Which, as you can imagine, has led to some weight gain that is a little more than I had preferred.  I've tried to cut back on eating out this past week, and it has seemed to help.  I feel better, even though I get hungry a little more frequently.  It's always nice to eat really healthy foods after a stretch where it was mostly junk food because the contrast is a lot more pronounced and the healthy foods taste SO much better than you remember.  Well, that's how it is in my opinion, anyway.

Liam has been moving around A LOT lately.  It comes in spurts, but I'm beginning to see patterns.  When I'm at work, he is mostly still...probably because I walk and move around more, but when I become stationary, the nudging begins.  The long stretches where he's still don't usually last more than 6 hours, and I think he's sleeping then.

I can't believe how far into this pregnancy I am already...24 weeks.  In about 3-4 weeks, I'll be into the 3rd trimester!  November doesn't really seem all that far away.  We attended our first birthing class last week, and I'm interested to see what and how we'll cover the information to prep for the birth.  I'm a little worried about it, but less so than when I first found out I was pregnant.

My belly has definitely *popped out* the last couple weeks too.  There's no mistaking that I'm pregnant.  Comments I receive (mostly at work) have lost the hesitancy that used to be there and gone straight to "You're pregnant!  Congratulations!"  It makes me laugh, and I find that I prefer the lack of hesitation.

Anyway, on that note, I'm going to post the most recent belly pictures and sign off for now.

23 Weeks

24 Weeks

PS...The 24-week picture was taken just this morning.

Comments

Popular Posts