Weeks 16/17

Week 16
I don't have much to say about last week.  My clothes are getting seriously uncomfortable, and I haven't mustered up the motivation to go and try on maternity clothes.  I have recruited a friend to go with me, but that is scheduled for the middle of next week.  Sometimes it makes me wish that I actually enjoyed the process of clothes shopping.

I was a lot more tired this past week than the previous two.  It probably has something to do with getting bigger.  My center of gravity has been a bit off, so sitting, standing, and bending over feels awkward.  I feel as though I'm moving slower than usual, and my agility is going, going, gone.  Of course, I was walking up a fairly steep hill with my friend, Jaime, on Wednesday night and got winded about half-way up.  But, we had to cross a busy intersection quickly because it had a timed crosswalk, so we jogged across.  The light jog barely winded me at all, which was surprising considering how out-of-breath I was not more than 20 seconds earlier.  (The point, you ask?  Hills suck.)

Sleeping has been inconsistent this past week.  Some nights I sleep really soundly, except when I need to get up to pee.  But other nights have lots of vivid dreams, or I wake up on my back and have trouble breathing.  One night, I tried sleeping where I'm a little more upright, and that helped a lot, though it's not very comfortable.


Week 17
Today's plights, to ring in Week 17, are congestion (which also means shortness of breath) and headaches (which means lots of short naps).  The latter makes me inclined to do not much of anything at all.  I also got a craving for chocolate stout cupcakes, so I did a bout of baking just after lunch.  Round ligament pain is triggering in my right abdomen, but I also think I can feel the Bebby moving around a little more.

This coming Friday is our next appointment at the OB/GYN, and a Monday week is our anatomy ultrasound.  I am SO excited about that.  Have I mentioned that before?  I'm really excited about seeing the Little One again, but a friend reminded me that if there aren't any complications, it's probably the last time you'll see the Little One before s/he is born.  That's a bummer, but I'm willing to wait if it means there are no complications.

I think the Bebby has done quite a bit of growing because I'm definitely "popping out" now.  See for yourself...

17 Weeks

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts