Two Weeks Postpartum

If you've been keeping up with my Facebook posts, my current challenge has been breastfeeding my 2-week-old premie newborn baby.  It has definitely been trying my patience, but as I'm finding down-time each day, while Liam sleeps, I can truly appreciate how happy I am, despite my complaints and frustrations.  I *LOVE* not being held to a schedule, unless I set it...or Liam sets it.  I love it when he falls asleep on my chest or in my arms.  I love watching his face when it's completely calm, and then seeing it change as he wakes, stretches, and even just before he cries.  The high-pitched scream is a bit alarming, as it is like nails on a chalkboard and makes me agitated, but I'm slowly desensitizing.  I still don't like it, but I don't want to cover my ear with my hands anymore.

I will be grateful when he can go for more than 2-3 hours between meals.  I need continuous sleep and the piecemeal naps throughout the day just don't work for me.

I am currently grateful for my mom who has been very generous with her time and effort to come over and cook dinner for the 3 of us--ok, 2 of us--while Dave & I transition into parenthood.  It has been non-stop coping ever since we got home from the hospital.  Liam's birth totally caught us by surprise, showing up 5 weeks early, and it took about a week-and-a-half to get the pre-baby mess cleared away during our first days home.  (Where are the house elves when you need them?)

Anyway...

Me = Happy.

Comments

Popular Posts