Home Sweet Home

I promise I will update the picture soon, but until then, I wanted to give an update.

Today was moving day!  It has been a long and very stressful 3-4 weeks.  It started with a week or so before closing when I was driving to Holly Springs twice a week for W's speech therapy sessions and for house viewing/closing obligations and appointments.  We have had to drag this poor child all over and he's been sitting in his car seat a lot.  I haven't had time to actually cook meals, so we've been eating more take-out than I care to admit to.  (But somehow, I still managed to NOT gain a ton of weight.)

Movers showed up to the house at 9:15 this morning and packed up the house in record time.  I swear if we did it ourselves, it would have truly taken us weeks and would have been weeks of packing stress on top of closing stress.  It truly was worth it to have them pack us up, load up the truck with all the boxes, and unload it all in the house.  I can see how unpacking could be really stressful, but at this point, it's still a notch down from the stress I've been experiencing that I'm not really anxious about it at all.  Kinda looking forward to putting things in their new homes and setting aside things we don't want or need to discard/donate.  Great time to purge!

I am not, however, looking forward to going through the crap in the garage.  There is so much stuff that we put in the storage unit to get out of our way, and since it's been gone, I haven't missed it at all.  Baby clothes and toys that we'll need in a few months are welcome to stay, but the other crap needs to go.

Anyway, as I sit here (on the floor of our living room) in front of the fireplace, I am just happy to finally be in the house that we've been working on for the last 4 months.  There is still much to do, and many pictures to hang (etc.), but the beds are set up and showers have hot water.  There is food in the frig, so I think we're doing pretty well.

I'm just happy and very much looking to the future where we are completely settled (and unpacked).  I expect the "nesting period" will set in very soon because I don't want to be worrying and stressing like this come June/July/August.  Once 3rd trimester gets here, I suspect I will be a lot less inclined to be moving things around.

I'm also ready to get back to hanging with friends and enjoying quality time with them.

Welcome home, family!

Comments

Popular Posts