13 months old

I sit down to my computer, while William sleeps in the carrier snuggled close to my chest, and have absolutely no idea what singular topic I want to write about tonight.

There are so few hours of daylight now, which is one of the few things I dislike about Fall and Winter.  I like that it's not sweltering hot outside anymore, but the super-duper cold the day after 70-degree temps is just cruel.  It might be why my little man is coming down with a cold.

Yep.  Runny nose and sneezing.  Admittedly,  he hasn't been sleeping as much as I think he should either.  That probably hasn't helped with the not-getting-a-cold part.  I've been working on getting him to take 2 naps a day again, but with the shortened daylight, I've only managed one long mid-afternoon nap.  Today he slept for just over 2 hours.  I'll take it.  It's currently 6:11 p.m., and W has been sleeping since 5:30.  Yes.  You read that right.  5:30.

If he is truly out for the night, it's great that I get a few hours to myself.  However, that also means that he will wake somewhere around 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning.  Oy.  That's an early start to the day.  Especially if I stay up late to have time to myself.

Anyways.  On to more interesting information.  William.  He is growing like a weed.  He can now touch the doorknobs at the house but still stands on his tippy-toes to do it.  It won't be long before he figures out how to use a doorknob, and we'll have to get the knob covers to keep him out of rooms we don't want him in.  He stands and walks with more stability now and sometimes probably tries to run.  Ok, walk really fast.  He loves to climb on boxes and our coffee table.  He likes to feed himself and often insists upon it.  During those times, he refuses to eat unless he is the one to put the food in his mouth.  His babbling has increased, and though he still uses "meh" for pretty much everything, I have been able to discern other sounds as well ("bah", "abah" are the most consistent).  Despite the fact that he is not speaking distinguishable English words, he clearly understands a lot of it.  The other day, we were in the bedroom, and I asked him to throw something away in the trash can.  He took the rubbish (doesn't matter what it was, which is good b/c I don't remember), walked into the kitchen, lifted the lid to the trash can,  dropped the rubbish in, and closed the lid again.  Just after, he re-opened the lid and tried to pick the rubbish up again.  We're still working on trash actually staying in the trash can.  Let's see...what else?  He will spit out what's in his mouth if you ask him.  Usually it's been clementine or grapefruit rinds.  He will give you "five" now.  He will fall back in the bed sometimes (must ask nicely).  He figured out how to wake my phone from standby.  And when the screen lights up, he smiles at it.  He might be smiling at a picture of himself, but I can't be sure.  I often ask him if he wants to take a bath, and in response, he walks to the bathroom, waits for me to open the door if it's closed, then walks into the bathroom right to the tub and tries to turn on the water.

The last couple months have been wonderful for me.  William is so interactive now.  I love it!

Oops.  He woke up.  Gotta go now.

Comments

Popular Posts