11 months + 2 days old

We are officially less than one month away from our little William turning ONE year old!  Can you believe it?  The time has just flown by!  This time last year, I was waddling around in denial about how much I was truly waddling.  :)

I've been scrolling through his pictures from the past year, and my how he's grown.  At 6 months old (pictures I found stashed away on my camera that I rarely use), he was so chubby!  Since he's been crawling and standing and cruising around, he's toned up and gotten taller without gaining a lot of weight.  When I weighed him yesterday, he was 21.3 pounds.  And it's all muscle.  It's like trying to hold a wriggling snake that squeaks and squeals.

William hasn't really started talking yet, but his babbling has increased quite a bit.  He's using the sign for "more" for pretty much anything he wants to eat.  He'll do it once, but if you miss it, he'll start screaming...loudly.  I've been trying to show him other signs for common things he asks for, but he hasn't really tried signing those yet.  I think he understands the sign for "diaper change" because after I do the motions just before changing his diaper, he'll actually lie still on the changing table.  He'll still squawk about lying down, but at least he doesn't fight me anymore or try to turn over on his stomach.

The last two weeks were challenging, as W became constipated.  Poor little guy would try and push out hard stools and scream the entire time.  I tried to help him pass the hard lumps, and when they were finally out, he would nurse and sleep.  Dave & I are working much harder at making sure he does not become constipated again because that was awful!  His last 2 poops have been soft and he didn't cry at all.

Btw, for those of you who don't have small children, poop and pretty much all bodily functions as it pertains to your kid become open subjects.  No taboos about it here anymore.  You get a lot less squeamish about it when you have to clean their poop-covered bottoms and deal with gross brown diapers that smell toxic.

In other quick news, I started going back to TKD classes 2x a week and a KB class on Saturday mornings.  It's been great!  I feel like my joints are loosening back up and my strength returning.  It's also nice to have some time away from the baby.  I love coming home to his smiles, though.  :)

Speaking of...time to leave for class.

Comments

Popular Posts