7 Months and Some Change

Today has been an interesting one.  W got up around 7:00ish this morning, took a nap around 10:30 til sometime after noon, then again mid-afternoon (a quick 30-minute nap), and ended up crashing around 7:30 without any assistance from me.  I didn't even get a chance to do the bedtime routine.  He fell asleep in the car just as I pulled into the garage when we got back from the grocery store and barely stirred as I picked him up and brought all the stuff in the house.  He's been asleep ever since.  I should probably get my butt to bed too, but I just don't feel like sleeping yet.

So I'm taking the opportunity to write a blog post.  It's been a while.  William turned 7 months old last week.  We went to the pediatrician for his wellness check, and he's a healthy boy.  He weighed in at 18 lbs and 15 oz (I think) and 26" inches long.  He's measuring along the nifty little curve at the "average" mark.

Lately, our little bug has been (army) crawling around the living room and showing us all the places that need to be baby-proofed.  Mostly, he's still too short to reach up to the TV, but the cables will definitely need to be tucked away, (the TV possibly mounted to the wall), the coffee table cleaned off, and we can't really take our eyes off him for more than 5 seconds.

He still hasn't mastered swallowing foods that are not pureed, but he loves apples, doesn't like avocados, is iffy about sweet potatoes, and LOVES drinking water out of a cup or glass.  I suppose those aren't new things, but he has become more adamant in his preferences and screeches like a pterodactyl if he doesn't get what he wants fast enough.

I've been putting him in his high chair for a change of scenery, but without giving him any solid foods yet (he still gags on solid pieces), he gets kinda bored.  I let him have a small bit of water in a cup (to drink), but usually, he throws the water over his shoulder as if it were salt and slams the cup into the tray.

The pediatrician told us that the next two months will be about developing his movement.  She wasn't kidding.  He is pulling himself up more.  He isn't really much into talking, but I swear I've heard him say, "um-mah" for mama and "hi" a few times.  He doesn't use any signs yet, but he definitely recognizes when I ask him if he's "hungry for milkie baba" (and do the signs as I say the words).  He smiles real big and waves both hands when the answer is yes.

Sleepiness is finally kicking in, so that's all for now.

Comments

Popular Posts