Four Months Tomorrow

Since William was born, I have been thinking a lot about where I want my life to go.  W will be 4 months old tomorrow, and I still have a hard time believing how quickly the time passed.  The days were so long, yet 4 months have come and gone.  He is growing so quickly.  He was an early teether--started teething around 3 months old.  I couldn't believe it when other mothers at the LLL meeting said that it's possible for babies to teethe at 3 months.  Seriously?  I figured I wouldn't have to deal with that crankiness until several months later.  Not.  Ah well.  Truthfully, it hasn't been that bad.  I let him gnaw on my pinky for a few minutes, and that usually helps.  I've since graduated to a teething necklace so he won't be biting my fingers when his teeth actually come in.

Anyway, seeing how fast the time is flying by me, I'm trying to prepare for things to come.  No, I don't mean baby-proofing the downstairs, though that is on my daily list of things to work on, but parenting and school and community.  I think I've said this before, but I'm a huge fan of Dayna Martin and her parenting and unschooling philosophies.  The time is coming to put some of these ideas into practice, and my first challenge is breaking the habit of using "good job!" when William does anything that is just normal for a baby developing skills.  There are several other phrases, like "Don't cry," that have been a little easier to not use, but here is a link to an article that explains why not to use common phrases: click here for phrases to avoid using with kids.

As far as community goes, I really want to find more natural-minded (NM) families in the East Raleigh and Knightdale area.  Most of our NM friends live in the Apex area, which makes it a bit more difficult to meet up with them quickly...especially with the recent and frequent snow.

[Note: Thank blogger for automatic saves!  William just reached over and accidentally used two fingers on the mousepad to go back to the previous page...and I didn't lose a word!]

Well, now that the baby is up, I should cut this short.  Plus, it's time for Momma to find some breakfast.

Comments

  1. Yay! I love the redo. Such a great picture!

    I make a conscious effort to avoid phrases like that, too. The one that always bothered me the most when I was a kid was, "You're OK." Umm. No, I'm not. Physically I may be OK but mentally I'm still struggling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts