Week 9 - Symptoms, not so bad

It's the middle of Week 9, and I realize that I haven't been very diligent about posting.  It took about a week for the elation of seeing my little alien on the ultrasound to wear off, but now I find myself looking forward to the next one already!  The little kidney bean is supposedly the size of grape now.

The nausea has been pretty minimal this week.  It only flares up really badly when I have too much bread or potato chips.  It's a pity because I am also craving potato chips.  Thankfully, I purchased some all natural sweet potato chips that don't have any additives and very little salt, so I will be munching on those this week.  I also want lots of cheese, though dairy still causes some discomfort.

Headaches have been frequent this week, though I don't know if that is a symptom of the pregnancy or a result of consuming too much sodium, of which I am guilty.  I have been drinking lots of water, and it is no surprise that I have to pee every 20 minutes or so.  That's good, though, right?

The exhaustion hasn't been so bad the last few days.  Well, I suppose that's a bit of a fib, but it's my own fault.  Dave was out of town over the weekend, and I was a bit anxious and couldn't sleep very well...so I stayed up really late both nights.  I mustered up the energy to do a run/walk (Couch to 5K Week 1) at the gym and some strength exercises yesterday.  By the time I got home, I was running on fumes.  I went to dinner with Dave, came home, showered, watched the newest episode of Game of Thrones, and then went to bed...by 10:15.  If you know me, that's super early!  I slept straight through to 6:15 (and didn't even get up to pee once)!!  My mom asked me the other day why I am tired all the time, and I just looked at her and thought "Really?"  What I think I said was, "Umm, I'm pregnant," and chuckled.  Hopefully, friends and all the websites I've read are right, and I'll have a short break during the second trimester.

Mostly, the unpleasant preggo symptoms seem to be diminishing, which has enabled me to actually enjoy being pregnant.  There's a sense of peace that I hadn't expected...it just feels right.  I am a bit paranoid about starting show, as I'm not quite ready for that yet.  My pants and jeans are fitting a bit more snuggly nowadays, and using a size larger, which I still have since I so recently lost weight, doesn't quite work either.  The larger pants are too big in the legs, since the added girth is just in the waist.  Not exactly the same as just gaining weight.  There is some consolation in that thought.

Week 10 is only a few days away, and JaJo's wedding is a week from this coming Saturday.  The time to tell his family is nearing, and I am very much looking forward to that, though a bit nervous too.

Comments

Popular Posts